Do you ever walk into a room and something just doesn’t feel right? How the furniture is arranged can immediately determine the mood and impression the space has on the person entering it.
Here are some easy ways to make sure a space functions well and is also pleasing to look at.
Always start with a plan. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What is the purpose of the room?
- How much space do I need?
- How big is the room?
- How big is my furniture? (take out a measuring tape).
The smaller the space the more you need to make sure you have a good plan. Pick small scale pieces that offer a lot of seating space. Transitional or modern pieces with small arms and low backs work well in small spaces. For instance, a Realspace Magellan Performance 71inW Hutch Cherry is perfect for a home office. Just because a room is small, it doesn’t mean you have to skimp on style. Don’t be afraid of color because the room is small. If you want to go neutral, add blasts of color in your accessories. A fun patterned occasional chair or rug adds vibrancy and a splash of color to a room without being distracting or overpowering.
Does your room have a fabulous sliding glass door, or bay window with a beautiful view? Maybe you have a beautiful fireplace, you want to accent these focal points of the home, to make sure any would be buyers take note of them. Add a large piece of art over the fireplace. A large mirror will brighten up and enlarge any space. Looking for a reliable window installer? Check out velux window installers dublin.
Place your larger pieces of furniture first. Avoid placing these large pieces in the natural line of traffic. Keep in mind how you will enter and exit the room. You want to leave 3 feet of open space for your primary traffic areas – anything else will feel small and cramped. I always say, expansive feels expensive.
Call to register for one of these upcoming courses before May 1 and receive a $500 grant (based on availability).
- Jun 7 – Jun 12, 2021, Virtual Hands-on Home Staging Certification course
- Jun 21 – 26, 2021, Virtual Hands-on Interior Design Course
- Sep 20-25, New Bilingual Spanish Virtual Hands-on Home Staging Certification course
- Oct 18 – Oct 23, East Coast In-person Home Staging Certification Course in New York
- Nov 1-6, New Bilingual Spanish Virtual Hands-on Interior Design Course
- Nov 8 – 13, 2021 – Hands-on live, in-person class in Northern Los Angeles County from 9-5pm
Ready to Live the Life You Have Been Dreaming of?
We are registering for our Summer Virtual Interior Design and Home Staging Programs and Fall In-person Home Staging Courses. We only offer 9 spots per class and they fill up fast. Don’t let someone else take your opportunity, Call today.
Call to register or for more information