|Have you been thinking about making a career change lately?
Maybe you would like to be in charge of your own schedule doing something you love and being paid good money in exchange for your talents?
That’s how I felt a few years when two of my biggest clients announced they were moving on and I was to lose over 70% of my current income! Yikes – I needed to do something quick and whatever that was going to be, I knew it had to meet certain criteria:
1. It needed to be a business that took very little time and money to get up and running
2. In order to replace 70% of my income, it needed to be a lucrative choice
3. As long as I was starting over, I was hoping to find something I could be passionate about.
Pretty tough criteria to meet on all levels. I had always thought that the easy to train for, fun and desirable high paying fields were already saturated. Then I was introduced to home staging and custom kitchen remodeling.
I must admit, when I was first considering home staging, there were some things that had me worried. I knew from watching all the televisions shows that I would love directing a design project from start to finish and watching the incredible difference in the before and afters. But I still wondered how much work would be out there and if I could really make a go of it. What if I put myself out there and no one ever called?
To my great relief – I had my first staging client within a couple weeks. Turns out, home staging has been around for over 30 years and is the #1 career poised for growth according to CNN and Career Builder.
Now I look forward to my work. Gone are the days that I yearned for something different or better. For me, the best part about being a home stager is solving a creative challenge that results in a complete visual transformation. It was easy to master this design skill set but I am always excited to realize that every project is different and I never get bored! As a side benefit, I have helped hundreds of people sell their home faster and for more money and they are truly grateful for my services. (I also happen to be very fond of my boss for the first time in my life!)
I hope you can join me for the next certified home staging training session April 19th – 23rd in Valencia, Ca where we will go out into the field and work on 3 different homes, experience hands-on exercises in space planning, color theory, accessorizing, style boards and learn in-depth home staging business strategies.
When your home is on the market, it becomes a product for sale and just like other products for sale, shoppers will be heavily weighing where to invest their hard-earned dollars. As they will be comparing your property with others, it is critical to be objective about anything in your home that they may perceive as a reason “not to buy”. Check out iListers.cy Property for Sale in Cyprus and choose form a big variety of houses just for you.
In a 2007 survey of over 2,000 of the best realtor agents estimated that staging your home for better presentation yielded a 343% return on investment. Sure you can also lower your asking price instead but typically it is less costly to replace, update or clean the area and present a fresh new space. But remember there are house buyers like the ones on this site https://www.housebuyersofamerica.com/sell-my-house-home which buy houses for cash regardless of their condition. If you are seeking out a property valuation for Family Law Court, visit https://www.melbournevaluers.net.au/family-law-court-of-vic-property-valuation/ for a professional valuation service.
Check out the dramatic changes you can make in 5 simple steps.
#1 Leverage your homes attributes
Did you know that your property already contains things buyers are willing to pay more money for? Just like the bells and whistles on a sports car, these home features need to be showcased to their full potential so buyers can make their best and highest offer. For instance, you property’s curb appeal can be improved through regular lawn maintenance. If you have trees in your yard, you may want to consider hiring a tree trimming professional to make them look healthy and beautiful. And if you’re thinking about installing a pool to add value to your home, you can visit Waterside Poolscapes to see their breathtaking pool designs.
- attractive curb appeal and yard
- windows with views of mountains, water, skyline, nature, cityscapes
- high ceilings
- spacious rooms that feel luxurious
- eat-in kitchen bars
- updated or new features
Showcase these areas by drawing attention to them with pops of color and a clear line of sight to the area.
#2 Fix Potential Reasons Not to Buy
Repair, clean or replace the things that could deter a potential buyer from making an offer such as:
- carpet that needs cleaning or replacing
- cracks on the foundation that need Residential Foundation Repair Services
- outdated fixtures or flooring
- chipped, scuffed or dark colored paint
- Get an expert to check your sewers when you notice these signs about your sewer
- deferred maintenance issues
- increase curb appeal with landscaping
- Pest infestations can put off some potential buyers. If there are unwanted critters in your property, call on a pest control expert to get rid of them. (click to see a pest control service)
If you want to know how sellers do it, you can check out houses for sale in Wichita, KS.
#3 Show a Light, Bright and Spacious Home
Nothing sells faster than an environment that replicates a restful retreat from busy lives. You can create that feeling in your home by:
- opening up all windows to let in as much light as possible
- add plants to bring the “outdoors in”
- lighten dark areas with no windows with lamp lighting – even during a daytime showing!
- Showcase more space by removing excess furniture, anything being stored on the floor and eliminating countertop clutter. Remember my personal quote, “Expansive Feels Expensive!
Did you know that by removing some of the items in your home you can actually attract more buyers?
- remove family photos that remind buyers that they are a visitor in someone else’s home rather than envisioning themselves in the space
- remove personal collections that can make a space feel cluttered and un-relatable to buyers who have different tastes
- tone down “extreme themes” with a little more of the mainstream to appeal to a broader scope of buyers
#5 Create a Designer Interior that sells 67% faster
You only have 1 chance to make a first impression. Potential buyers are looking to make one of the biggest investments of their lives and they are hoping to find the one gem within their budget that looks and feels as if they paid a fortune. Home renovation, kitchen remodeling and bath remodeling projects will surely add value to the home. Creating designer touches throughout the home will help you sell for more money. Things like:
- a sophisticated, warm paint palette – if you will be painting anyway, you can create an expensive feeling with the right color paint in a neutral base.
- creating warm and inviting seating areas that help buyers envision spending time with family and friends
- utilizing accent colors sparingly and to draw attention features. Too much or too many colors make a space feel cluttered and not pulled together
- remove outdated pieces of furniture to create a fresher look to the home
- update kitchen and bath areas with simple, inexpensive changes such as new doors and knobs, paint, new flooring, lighting or faucets in the plumbing system, according to an Anacortes plumber. For any plumbing or drain cleaning needs, hire a plumbing company like this team in Memphis.
Get paid to stage your home by increasing your return on investment by 343%. If you would like help creating an upscale, designer environment that will appeal to more buyers and sell your home for more money, consider hiring a professional stager. For more information, visit http://www.StyleMySpace.com