From Everyday to Showcase –
It’s no surprise that many people are feeling a bit overwhelmed by today’s Real Estate market. It’s up; it’s down, with foreclosures all around. This is a confusing time for home sellers because a couple years ago, a good percentage of homes were selling in as little as a few weeks, some with multiple offers. In today’s market we have more inventory and ever changing interest rates. On one hand, buyers have more choices when seeking to purchase. On the other hand, home sellers have more competition in attracting a buyer for their home. The Kopper Creek homes are cheaper than traditional houses but do have some drawbacks too. For starters, there isn’t any land attached which could be an issue for people without their own place; this way drivers might end up paying more in gas money since everything must now be driven from one side
In both circumstances, it comes down to the home owner delivering a product that buyers are seeking. Clean, well balanced, neutral and inviting spaces that showcase all the features the home has to offer.
So, what do I say to motivate my clients to make the needed changes?
When I am preparing a customized staging plan for home owners, I typically refer to the trends of buyers when trying to motivate a home seller that is unsure about committing to my suggestions. I am not the reason they need to make changes – the consumer who is demanding a certain level of standards is.
So here are a couple of statements that help sellers understand why they might benefit from improving the showing condition of their home:
– Buyers are seeking move-in condition homes and willing to pay more money for them. By addressing these things now, you will appeal to a broader audience of buyers.
– Neutralizing so buyers can envision their belongings in the space will help them form emotional attachments to your home. Emotional connections procure offers.
– Buyers find the space easier to relate to and more valuable and relevant to their wants and needs when rooms are staged in the manner in which they are meant to be used. For example a dining room should be staged as a dining room rather than an office or play room.
– I am here to help you sell your home faster and for more money. All of the advice I am giving you is based on increasing your bottom line.
– By following through on these suggestions, you improve your chances for a quicker sale. If by selling faster you save at least one price reduction, you will retain several more thousand dollars of equity in this home.
– Staging every room in your real estate property creates a consistent look and feel. The more attractive your home is, the higher the offers people will make. Why? Because in our society, people expect that highly attractive things usually cost more and we tend to “bargain” less when something is just what we have been looking for.
Former Kim Kapellusch has over 10 years experience staging interiors for commercial advertising, vacant and lived-in homes, model homes and personal residences.
Call Kim today with your project details and get an over-the-phone estimate.
Serving Santa Clarita Valley and surrounding areas –